Happy World Kindness Week! Here are 33 ways for us to celebrate this week that are focused on being kind and making a difference to those that cross our path. How many ways can you be kind this week?
- Introduce yourself to someone new at work and discover one thing you have in common.
- Snuggle with a loved one.
- Share an inspiring song with a friend going through a difficult time.
- If you receive a gift, express great joy and gratitude.
- Surprise the delivery person with a box of chocolates.
- Support a friend pursuing their dream.
- Text a note of encouragement.
- Share a motivating quote on social media.
- Make a favorite snack for everyone to enjoy while watching football.
- Invite a friend to dinner.
- Send your best marriage advice to a newlyweds.
- Leave a sticky note of positivity for a stranger to find.
- Snag a loved one and watch the sunset.
- Treat a friend to ice cream.
- See someone going above and beyond? Acknowledge their efforts.
- Donate to a fundraiser.
- Jump in leaves with a child.
- Support a local bookstore or author.
- Taking a hike and pick up litter.
- Plant a tree.
- Offer to babysit for a friend/neighbor.
- Write a good memory and share it with a friend/family member.
- Spend uninterrupted time with your family.
- Gather a group of friends for a night of fun.
- Give a hug.
- Donate a Bible.
- Support your church/pastor/staff.
- Celebrate a birthday.
- Bake a sweet treat and share with friends/family.
- Buy matching pajamas for the family to enjoy.
- Smile at everyone that crosses your path.
- Thank a Veteran.
- Meet a friend for coffee.
Let's do our part to spread lots of kindness this and every week!
Stephanie L. Jones
Inspirational Speaker and Award-Winning Author of "The Giving Challenge: 40 Days to a More Generous Life" and “The Gratitude Challenge: 41 Days to a Happier, Healthier, & More Content Life”