I gotta be honest, I no longer believe in Random Acts of Kindness. What? Stephanie, aren't you the Giving Gal? Don't you look for ways to give and be kind every day?
Yes, yes I do.
But what I continue to learn on my giving journey is I wake up each day knowing I'm going to look for ways to give. And then when I see an opportunity, I'm going to act. The act of kindness is intentional.
With that said, I'm still supporting wonderful holidays, like Random Acts of Kindness week, because at the end of the day, any time we can spread kindness and positivity, we should.
Here are 14 ways you can give this week:
- Donate clothes to a local nonprofit (call before you donate to see what they need)
- Send cards to your local nursing home
- Help a neighbor with a chore
- Compliment a stranger
- Call a family member
- Send five encouraging texts to friends
- Forgive someone
- Give a hug to a stranger (ask permission first😊)
- Call a teacher friend to see if there are supplies, they need, if so, purchase and donate
- Make a positive post on social media
- Bake cookies for your coworkers (or buy Girl Scout cookies😊)
- Thank a first responder (police officer, firefighter and/or ems)
- Send a thank you card to someone that has made a difference in your life
- Disconnect from technology/television and have a family game night
I'd love to know your thoughts on random acts of kindness. Do you believe in them? Or have I changed your mind?
Inspirational Speaker and Award-Winning Author of “The Giving Challenge: 40 Days to a More Generous Life” and "The Gratitude Challenge: 41 Days to a Happier, Healthier, & More Content Life"