Sign-up for a Charity 5k
The sun is shining, birds are chirping, and greenery is peeking through the dirt giving me hope Spring is around the corner.
Warmer temperatures not only mean a changing of the seasons but charity 5ks are popping up everywhere.
Here are seven reasons you should sign-up for a 5k:
1. Raise funds for a worthy cause.
2. Physically showing support for the nonprofit and/or family.
3. It's fun! Nothing like gathering with hundreds/thousands of people for one purpose.
4. Opportunity to get in shape.
5. A family event that gets you outside, active, and disconnected from technology.
6. You'll learn something about yourself. I've been running 5ks for 25 years and each race I increase my mental toughness.
7. Snap a few pics and share your experience and the charity on social media. Nonprofits love to see their message spread!
I believe in giving to others and to yourself. 5ks are an opportunity to do both!
Which race will you register for today?
P.S. Today's challenge is in memory of Roger Bannister. He was the first person to break the 4-minute mile. He did so much for the sport of running. Today the running community lost a champion.
P.S. Haven't read The Giving Challenge? Purchase Now!
Never miss a post, enter your email address on the right and hit SUBSCRIBE. Thank you!
About the Author:
Stephanie Jones and her husband, Mike, live in Northwest, IN and enjoy lake life and travel. Stephanie is the author of The Giving Challenge-40 Days to a More Generous Life (on sale NOW!), a speaker, life success coach, and a daily giver. Stephanie empowers people to change their life through giving.
You can contact Stephanie by email at Stephanie@GivingGal.com